Wednesday, July 28, 2010

OBX Marathon Training - Day ONE

After having a false start training for a marathon on Labor Day weekend (which incidentally would serve as the perfect excuse to miss my 10 year high school reunion), I have found a new race.  Today I got an email about Runner's World's 16-week marathon training plan.  The plan begins this week and ends in a marathon the second weekend in November.  I thought, it's a sign.  This is my chance to run a fall marathon.  So I googled, found the OBX Marathon (not far from my husband's family) and decided, why not?

I mapped out a plan and started today.  I know this sporadic blog has little to no readership, but I am going to write here as a diary for myself.  SELF, today is the beginning.  It was a difficult 4-miler outside in the blazin' heat, but you finished.  Your shirt felt a bit snug, your shorts a bit short and you took 3 walk breaks ending with a time around 42 minutes.  It will get easier.  Must remember that.  It will get easier.  And to commemorate the first day of training, I took this picture.


In 16 weeks I will be faster, stronger and maybe even a little slimmer!  Here's to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment