Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's on the tube?

I never understand when people say they don't watch much t.v.  I have been watching television, and I mean a lot of it, for as long as I can remember.  When I was 5 my parents taught me to make cereal for myself so I wouldn't wake them up at 4:30 a.m. or whatever crazy time I was waking then.  They awoke one Saturday morning to their 5 yr-old watching a Woody Allen movie.


(via techdigest.tv)

My taste in programming is pretty diverse.  I indulge in the Real Housewives drama (although NJ is by far better than all others in my book) along with many other reality t.v. shows (READ: Kell on Earth, Top Chef, etc.).  But I also love sarcastic/dry comedies too.  My favorite is of course THE OFFICE!  Good luck ever trying to talk about an episode in my presence without me talking over you and quoting it!  *Yeah, I'm that girl!*

(via tvmedia.ign.com)

I even like a good true crime show or documentary.*  All this to say, I don't see what the big deal is about Americans watching a lot of t.v.  True, a lot of people substitute television time for family time or exercise, but my husband and I love watching "our shows" together.  We only have one t.v. so we don't have much choice on the matter anyway.

And as far as exercise, the tube ain't what is keeping you from the gym.  You decided not to go there on you way home from work, or to sleep in this morning or to eat a long lunch instead of fitting in a quick workout.  Heck, I would love to workout in front of the t.v. if my husband would just get us a treadmill (hint hint!).


(via picturesofpeoplerunning.com [i.e. this is clearly NOT me; that lady is hotter, has bigger boobs, and I don't run with my hands taped up like I'm boxing??!?])

So let's all just sit back, relax and watch a little t.v. tonight without the guilt, shall we?


*If you aren't watching The Pacific on HBO you are missing out!

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes."  - Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment